Thursday 28 January 2010

Winter Romance WIP2 & Anne Hathaway WIP 1

Well here is where I reached with the restart of Winter Romance last night! I got most of the anatomy hashed out, and time is probably up to 1 and a half hours by this point.

I need some help though please! Particular points I'm struggling with are:
1. Her face (she just... doesnt look very nice lol... she has a much kinder, innocent face in my head, here she just seems too worldly wise, for lack of another way to put it..)
2. Her arm (the left one as we look at it, down by her side). I cant get this to look natural!

I humbly request red-lines!


I am also starting a new colour pencil portrait because I direly need the practice. It is Anne Hathaway, a very beautiful actress whose looks I have always admired. I like how wide her smile is and how large her eyes are - and when she smiles it looks so sincere and her eyes really light up.. I dont think I've ever really got that feeling of sincerity and pure radiating joy from many other actors / actresses when I've seen them on the big screen. So, I was going to do one with her trademark smile... but then I found an amazing reference picture (clickie here to see!) where the contrast was just a whole new way of photography that I had never seen before. It definitely made me wow, more than any of the other photos I googled of her, so I had to pick this one!

Just a sketch so far though:



No comments: