Tuesday 17 May 2011

Sketch - Brithilca and the Abbot


It would be nice to draw this one up! This was a theraputic neat sketch I did today, about an hours work. This is a scene from my story where Brithilca the dragon takes the crown of the Dragon Kings from where it is kept. ... I wont spoil any more of the story. ;)

It would be lovely to digitally paint this one up (with a background, I imagine this to be in a main hall of the monastery... But I wasnt creative enough to sketch it on!) to practice scenery and to paint all those delicious dragon scales! I've yet to digitally paint Brithilca, I have only ever coloured him traditionally before. :) And also, I have never drawn the abbot before so it would be nice to paint him... :)


The main point of this was really to practice my dragon anatomy. I always wish I could draw them better! I think have pinned down Bri's design / anatomy a bit more realistically here than in past attempts. I have been thinking about his anatomy and scale arrangements... Dragons are hard cause they dont really exist in real life so theres no definitive references to them. So I have been considering the features and functions of his anatomy, how he evolved to require certain muscles, and armous, etc. Haaard lol. I used the Dracopedia by William O'Connor for some assistance. That really is a great book for dragon fans. :)

(PS Bri's tail got cut off by the edge of the page. Whoops!)

No comments: