Wednesday 18 May 2011

Brithilca and the Abbot - Background Test



I doodled a quick background for the sketch I did the other day. I say doodled; it actually took about an hours work. I really hate drawing landscapes and architecture; mainly because I'm rubbish at it. But, practice makes perfect so I really need to try harder. I just cannot fathom why some people are just so good at that kind of thing and my every attempt looks dire. I really hope practice will get me there - I honestly hate this background but am going to have to use it as I simply can't seem to do better. What a pain! How on earth do you do GOOD backgrounds!?

Anyway, you can see here the placement of the characters in the scene. :/ I am kind of losing interest in developing this piece further, just because of how crappy I am at backgrounds. Really not sure how to get better at them. I didnt do any work on the floor 'cause I'm not sure what surface to use yet.

No comments: