Wednesday 3 March 2010

Demara - Character Concept Art


This actually only took like an hour tops which is pretty cool! However, oh my gosh. DRAWING FAIL RIGHT HERE LAWLZ :-|

Wow I hate this haha.

This is a character concept for a book I'm writing. I have this beautiful sketchbook that I'm trying to fill with all my visual concepts, ideas, and illustrations - this is one such illustration. Princess Demara, who in my story marries/is married to Price/King Zaki (who usurps the throne from Naisa by murdering her, kidnapping her daughter Irumae as a hostage, and declaring her son Aung outlaw - what a nice brother). I just felt like drawing her. As you can see, complete anatomy fail, and whilst the costume came out ok in design (loving the crinkly dress actually :D), the colours are just SO off. I like her hair though. Yay hair :D

I really hope I can pin down her design better in the future.......

No comments: