Saturday 6 February 2010

Winter Romance WIP 9 & WIP 10



Well I have spent about another hour and a half on this at the very least today, so probably up to about 8 hours by now? Its hard to keep track!

This is really coming along. I'm fairly happy with this - I realise there are a lot of things wrong but this really is my first major digital piece since probably Secret World in 2008, and I'm definitely happier with this piece than I was with that one. Its all a case of practice, everyone has got to start somewhere and I guess I'm still pretty close to that starting point! So, though there are things wrong I'm not being too harsh on myself. Its all practice. I just wish I could have portrayed Luke a bit more like how he is in my head! Perhaps the next time.. ^^;

2 comments:

Mossy said...

This is looking really good, dude! O: Eeexcellent work! I might suggest, though, adding a SMUDGE more blue to the shading? Or to the highlights? To try and put them in the environment a little more, if you know what I mean? I can see like on that guy's face, you've got a bit of blacklighting but a tad more blue might not go astray. JUST A SUGGESTION THOUGH it's coming along wonderfully o:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment Moss :) The reason I havent done blue shading is because I'm sticking to the principle warm shading /cold highlights (which also applies the other way around). Thanks for the sugestion - I'll try some blue shading and see it it works :D <3