Friday 12 February 2010

Coronation - WIP 1 & 2



So I received a beautiful journal style sketchbook from my parents this Christmas, and I want to fill it with lovely pictures. As I would also really love to advance my novel I thought that I would combine the two, and so I am aiming to fill it with concept and character art from the story. This event takes place some years before the novel even starts - before the main characters are even born in most cases. But, I am still so drawn to drawing Naisa, even though she is dead by the time the novel comes around. This is her coronation, whilst her consort Rasir stands proudly at the foot of her throne dais :) I'd really like to colour this one!

As you can see I had a hard time getting a decent view of the sketch. It was too faint for my scanner to pic up so sorry for the grainy camera image. As you can see from the ink I've inked it very minimally (for me anyway! Usually I go for every single detail!). I am hoping that this will give a much less cartoony feel to the final piece :)

No comments: