Wednesday 25 July 2012

Expanding Into Watercolours + A Sneak Preview!

Hi all!

I have been busy writing lately, hence why I haven't been drawing. However, I have been really itching to illustrate various people and objects from my story. I also really really really like the watercolour painting style of AuroraInk on DeviantART, and was toying with the idea of giving watercolours a try; I haven't painted with watercolours since we used to paint with those cheapo sets in a tin way back when at school. It's daunting to dabble with unfamiliar mediums but it is something I've been wanting to do for a while now; I'm glad to have taken the plunge. :-)

Well today I happened to be passing an art shop so I went in and on the spur of the moment bought a small Winsor & Newton watercolour set and some brushes (pictured with my Winsor Newton sketchbook which is the most fancy-pants sketchbook I've ever had!).












I also sketched one object that features in my story. I coloured it in with a mixture of copics and watercolour pencils which I already had laying about; unfortunately the mini watercolour set didn't come with a black colour pan which I didn't realise until I got home! D'oh!

You can see a sneak peek of the object above and below, which I have now totally finished; I'll post the final image shortly. :-)



Meg

No comments: