Thursday 26 July 2012

Concept Art - Dagger



I'm hoping to do a series of illustrations of people/items from my story and eventually filling a full sketchbook I've been saving for the purpose; this is the first.

I kind of want to share what it is, who it belongs to etc.. but I also kind of want to keep it to myself; I think I'm too used to being secretive about my writing haha.

I will reveal that this dagger belongs to Evelyn, though I won't reveal how it came to be hers, because it reveals part of my storyline.

Its hilt is made of ebony which has been engraved and half wrapped in leather strips. Its guard is made of silver and engraved, and part of the blade itself is engraved and enamelled. I tried to design it to be decorative but functional!

I drew this using a mechanical HB pencil, copic markers, and watercolour pencils. I'm trying to branch out into watercolours now for the purpose of my concept illustrations. Wish me luck!

Enjoy!

No comments: