Saturday 5 June 2010

Masquerade

This is my drawing for World Drawing Day 2010! If its still June 5th in your timezone, you should totally get sketching and participate! Originally I thought I wouldnt have time for anything more than a sketch, but after only a mere 3 hours, this popped out! :D


Its supposed to be an elf taking the opportunity of a masquerade to blend into the human crowd hoping that her slitted eyes and pointy ears will just look like part of her disguise!

The anatomy isnt spot on (and I didnt use any refs or anything), but I still like it - I was really just going for something different, and it definitely made a lovely change! I also wanted to try something a bit more difficult, and outside the box of what I usually paint, and I'm glad I did! I tried really hard on the dress (after doing a similar style in this picture and I think the effect came out much better this time!), and also on the mask. I'm pretty pleased with how that came out. Yay sparkles and yay detail and yay for using interesting lighting for a change!

No comments: