Saturday 24 April 2010

Tribal Tattoo Concepts 1, 2 & 3

Well my boyfriend wants a super huge tribal tattoo so I thought I'd have a bash at designing it. Here are concepts one & two (image one) and three (image two). One/Two, I ditched, probably for the obvious reason that it wasn't looking manly / generally cool enough. I'm going to keep generally with the third concept but tweak some areas, for example how the back piece connects to the arm. Not liking that so much at the moment.

The body views took me about two hours to draw, traced directly from photos I took of my boyfriends torso from different angles. Drawing over them was simply a cleaner base to use than grainy photos taken where the light was all at wierd angles. This just gives basic contours I guess. I actually really like the body views. I love painting skin haha :)


Enjoy! Hopefully the final concept (shall we call it 3-B lol) to follow soon. This has been on the shelf for a few weeks so I could do with working on it some more imminently. The tattoo basically needs expanding down the chest and around the side to meet the back piece.

1 & 2
3

No comments: