Saturday 10 April 2010

Naisa WIP 4 & 5


WIP 4 - In this one I have put a lot more detail into the dress shading. I've tried to make the dress a rustly shiny sort of material. I also repainted the hands, roughly. They still look shockingly awful. I humbly request redlines! *cries* I dont understand how, on the model they look like perfect human hands and then I translate them into this awful mess. Uggggh... Not happy with the hands at all! I also gave her eyes less of a wide eyed look.


WIP 5 - I added some texture to the dress with a handmade hatched brush. Just to make it less flat really. You can see how I am going to be adding pale golden embroidery embellishments to the dress. I obviously have a lot more to do! It will be a creeping leaf/vine design embellished with lilies (lilies idea is thanks to my lovely friend Sam!)

I think I need to repaint the dress a little, to crumple the fabric more. Its too uniform! In general, I'm happy with the way this is progressing. Just wish I had more time to spend on it!

No comments: