Sunday 6 July 2008

[WIP] Untitled piccy.. ^_^;


Hurr. Shitty photo I know, but if I'd have scanned it, it would have gone all horrible and grainy :(

This is a pic I'm working on at the moment - the girl is Toko, and the phoenix is Kiya. They're characters in a story I'm writing :) I'm actually really proud of this, since I dont draw birds so.. this is kind of a big first for me. I didnt use references or anything, just .. went with the flow and tried to make it look as birdlike as possible really ^.^;

I'm having a lot of fun with it :D Right now its actually almost finished - I only have Toko's eyes to colour now, and then its done. I'm not sure what to call it though :S I find picture titles hard! ^.^;

For this pic I used some Caran d'Ache pencil crayons which were a birthday gift to me last year. I havent used them before - theyre surprisingly fun to work with! Developed a new technique for shading skin too, which I'm really proud of! I think it looks a lot better this way =D

Enjoy :D

No comments: