Saturday 8 January 2011

Portrait Commission WIPs




Some WIPs of a commission I just finished. This is the son of a guy I shoot with (competition archery, not archery/guns for hunting. Guns/hunting are bad, kids!).

First two were taken on my phone (hence poor quality), the second two were taken on my camera (hence better quality). Final piece will be posted in my nest blog update.

Had quite a bit of fun on this, this little chappie has a nice cheeky grin which was quite a challenge to capture, but I think I have done well! :-) Fingers crossed my client likes it. :-)

Took roughly the usual amount of time for a portrait this size, though to be honest I wasn't too on the ball about keeping track of my time on it this time so I may have gone over a bit, I'm not sure. Used the usual mechanical pencil for it all, and deepened the shading with some nice soft B pencils, up to 4B this time. :-)

Enjoy! :D

No comments: