Sunday 27 January 2008

"Rebirth" sketch


Current WIP :) Idea sprang into my head this afternoon and it just wouldn't go away. Ive been having a lot of really nice ideas lately, but this is the one that stuck, and annoyed me, and pestered me and would not go away until I'd taken out my sketchpad and drawn it! So sketch it I did :) I'm about to start on the ink now, but I always, always scan pencil stuff if I'm near my scanner, because I'm so scared of screwing up when I ink! So.. its like having a digital copy of the sketch before I screwed up, you know? xD

Anyway. ^^; The theme, is rebirth. :) It's quite a personal piece, I'll admit, and I'm hoping to ink it by hand, and paint it up digitally afterwards (whether just colouring in the ink, or painting from fresh, I'm not sure yet). So.
For now, that's all :)

lovelove! <3>

2 comments:

Mossy said...

Ooh, neat! The hand doesn't look that bad, actually XD It's pretty nice! Sweet anatomy and... and... WIMMINBRESTS! D8 THINK OF THE CHILLUN! *is hit*

ANYWAY! I think this would look neat if you painted it from scratch |D Even though that might take forever. With sort of light blue background all shiney and sparkly and... those letters down the bottom; are they of significance to the drawing? Because maybe you could have them floating around the figure, maybe wrapped around her body almost and I'll shut up now XD

Nice work though, hun! <3

Unknown said...

Hehe, thanks :D Well I was going to do her emerging / hovering above a pool of water actually.. ^_^; The background would fade into blackness, and the only light there would be emanating from her :3

The letters.. well they're not really important. But they look pretty so I suppose I could do that too, haha xD;

Mm.. I'm currently just colourin gin the ink on the pc.. |D Idk. I wanted to do a line drawing since its been a while. I think it would look better lineless, but eh. idk u_u;